Phone junction block

Old 06-09-15, 12:24 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Phone junction block

I currently have a landline that comes in to my house and connects to a junction block. It has 8 screws (2 per color). I have 4 phone jacks currently wired into this block. My question is, what is the maximum number of jacks that can be wired into this junction block? I'd like to add 2 more phone jacks in my house but didn't know if this block was big enough. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-15, 03:05 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
You can put more then one wire under a screw. It's done all the time on phones. Back in the day when ringers were electromechanical the current required for the ringer was a limiting factor but with electronic ringers on phones I doubt that would be an issue.

Old 06-12-15, 05:08 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You can have as many wires as you can stuff in there, and you can daisy-chain from jack to jack. There is really no limit to the number of jacks you can connect to the line. There is, however, a limit to the number of phones that can be connected at any given time. So you can have 20 jacks, but you may be able to connect only 5 phones. Every phone has a REN, or Ringer Equivalent Number. That number must be printed somewhere on the phone. The total of all RENs on a line can't add up to more than 5.