Anyone know what this is?

Old 07-08-18, 05:19 PM
Question Anyone know what this is?

I was at a Goodwill the other day and I found this interesting device.

I am unsure of it purpose , I know it connects to a phone line and that it is supposed to redial busy phone numbers presumably until someone or something answers. The only information I have is on the device itself.

I have searched the internet for hours with no strong leads of the purpose of the unit I have (However I did find what I assume is a similar device the "Demon Dialer")

I only have the unit but I have a 24VDC power supply and the unit does power up (Making DTMF tones and I hear the relay click but I am not going to connect this to a phone line)

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-18, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
Just a guess...but I'm thinking for old school telemarketing? Or possibly contest entries? I know some people went crazy on that "Be the first, seventh, twelfth caller" stuff.

Old 07-08-18, 06:41 PM
Group Moderator
Current generation dialers (robo dialers) are linked to a computer for number generation. Based on what's in it and the vintage.... that unit may have just redialed one phone number.

Old 07-08-18, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah...I was picturing a whole bank of them. First one that picks up...you pause the others? Seems I was reading something about back then, they could make 1000 calls per person per day....now it's like 10,000 or something like that.

Or maybe it was just so you could make doctors appts....before they had robots answer the phone and keep 20 people on hold at once.

Old 07-09-18, 05:09 PM
Exclamation

Anyone know where to obtain a user manual for this device?

I searched for hours and the name PowerDialer yields hundreds of hits for modern replacements and software for power dialing but I get no useful results for my device.

I don't plan on using it I just bought it because it was only $1 and it looked interesting, If anything I can use the nice metal case for one of my electronic projects.