How to Stop text-messages on my cell-phone(basic type) from Facebook

Old 07-04-19, 06:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to Stop text-messages on my cell-phone(basic type) from Facebook

Hello:
I deactivated Facebook early last month, June. However, every day I have been getting several text-messages on my cell-phone(basic type) from Facebook.

I attempted 'log-in' Facebook in attempt to delete my cell-phone #, but Facebook rejected my password, .... saying that I deactivated Facebook already.

How to STOP unwanted Tex-Message from Facebook permanently?

Any help on this regard in advance.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-19, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 30 Posts
Did you just start getting them since closing your account? I'm on Facebook everyday and I've never ever received text messages from them.
Are they sent by Facebook themselves or other members? If they're coming from Facebook themselves, you may be able to block them, but depends on the capabilities of your phone.

Old 07-04-19, 07:10 AM
Thanks,
It's from members of Facebook. How to block all of those 'Unwanted text-messages?'
It says, ...... wants to become a friend with your or similar phrase with a facebook person's name
It's strange to say that I never gave my cell-phone # when I signed up Facebook, but I might do that not knowing this, unwanted text-messages coming to my cell-phone every day

Old 07-04-19, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 30 Posts
Okay, I thought maybe they were coming from Facebook them self. Did you get them when you were still a member? Since you're no longer a member, you shouldn't be getting them at all, and definitely not on your phone.

So anyway, if you only deactivated your account and didn't delete it, you can just sign back in to reactivate it. Then while you're in there, change your mobile number to an email address. Don't use your main email but create a new one first, like a gmail or hotmail addy.
If you did delete your account, then you shouldn't be getting any messages, and Facebook needs to do something to stop them.

Old 07-04-19, 09:15 AM
Thanks,
When I attempted to access Facebook after 'deactivated,' which I did early last month, June, it says this morning, ...' your account disabled,' although I typed correct e-mail address along with password. Then, I can NOT access my account of Facebook at all.. Those un-wanted text-messages appears to me coming from Facebook members by using Facebook. I'm totally stuck!

Old 07-04-19, 09:20 AM
Group Moderator
Received 260 Votes on 245 Posts
I was checking around and found this helpful piece.

Deactivating text notifications from Facebook

Shadeladie voted this post useful.
Old 07-04-19, 11:04 AM
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
If all else fails you might consider changing your phone number as a last resort.