Verizon Cell issues?

Old 07-25-19, 07:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 22 Posts
Verizon Cell issues?

Anyone else experiencing Verizon cell problems this morning? I have the technies there working on an issue wherein my cell will not receive incoming calls from a landline but will on cell-to-cell. My tow buddy getting same problem, we use same cell phone but he has Century landline and I have Frontier. It's weird.

Just curious if anyone else is affected.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-19, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 28 Posts
I don't have Verizon, but people from my neighborhood have been complaining about Verizon Fios the last few days. Loss of service, etc. May be all related to Verizon having some sort of problems in general.

Old 07-25-19, 10:41 AM
Group Moderator
Well, just chatting with my tow buddy in the other county and apparently there is a cut fiber optic somewhere here in Florida. Don't think that's related to you out there. What's weird is that he has CenturyLink phone service and mine is Frontier [they bought out Verizon landlines here in FL couple of years ago]. From what he was told, the CenturyLink cut cable is affecting other networks (mine, for instance). Not as bad as total cell outage, but bad enough. We can call cell-to-cell no problem, but the lack of incoming landline ability to cell means I can't forward my landline to the cell when I leave the house, have to have answering machine on with message giving out my cell number, which I'm not crazy about. Life used to be so less complicated.

Old 07-25-19, 08:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 255 Votes on 240 Posts
There was a cut fiber down there last year or so..... wasn't there ?

A lot of different services/companies can be knocked out with a cut fiber.
Fiber lines are expensive so there are many companies leasing space on them.

I have crappy Verizon cell service at my home.
I have a town wide water tank two blocks away with every company but Verizon on it.

Old 07-26-19, 04:29 AM
Group Moderator
Got service back up about 7:00 last night. Weird how it affected two different landline companies plus the inability of V wireless to receive the incoming. All tied together these days. Yeah we had a cut fiber optic last year that knocked out service totally for a bit. I never have issues with Verizon cell service. Hate to see the repair bill that the guy gets who cut the cable.