Automatic gate opener - remotes short range.

Old 08-28-19, 02:57 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Automatic gate opener - remotes short range.

Hi All

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I have a Lockmaster automatic sliding gate opener for my driveway. The problem that I am having is that my remotes don't seem to work unless I am right close to the base opener. They used to work fine from say 75 yards away. I replaced the batteries and bought new remotes but this hasn't helped. Occasionally they will work fine long distance. I have opened the Gate Opener and looked at the control board - nothing seems loose or odd looking. I wonder if it is the "Receiver" on the board but have no idea what it looks like or how to test it.
Any advice is appreciated.

Old 08-28-19, 05:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Typically the receiver is a stand alone box connected to the control board with four wires.
It usually has a short stub of wire hanging out of it for the antenna.

Those receivers do go bad and sometimes their placement within the enclosure is critical for maximum range. You could post a picture of the inside of your opener..... How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 09-02-19, 07:53 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello,. I took the cover off of the opener to look around. The only separate device to the board is a capacitor. Here is a photo of the control board if you think the Receiver may be mounted to it.
thanks

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: