Podcast Audio Setup Question

Old 10-02-19, 09:48 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Podcast Audio Setup Question

First off, I don't know what section this goes to. I couldn't find a category so if someone can help place this in the best category (microphones, audio, podcasting, youtube etc) would be helpful thanks!

I recently got the Shure SM7B microphone with cloudlifter and Focusrite Solo 3rd gen.
I'm all set up and I tested it out and mic sounds great.

The one thing I'm having trouble with is how to record myself or if I'm doing a podcast?
What software do you I use to record my own voice? I know of free software like Audacity but I don't know if that is doing a good job recording my voice or not. When I play it back, it doesn't sound as good as it sounds "live" when I hear myself just talking into the mic.

I have pro tools (which was included) but haven't used it yet. Any suggestions on how to record my voice using this audio setup?

Thanks.

Old 10-03-19, 04:59 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Your own voice never sounds like what you think it should. I'm in no way an audio expert, but I do listen to many podcasting shows. What I noticed is that the podacsters talk slower than what a normal conversation might sound like. That I think is the most specific item to pay attention to. Also rehearsal helps a lot. I suspect a lot of editing takes place before a podcast is broadcasted. Any slip up in talking is very noticeable when listening to a recorded message or talk. I'm sure there are forums specific to podcasting that you may want to join, and they will give you pointers.

BTW... Audacity although is free is considered a very good if not professional grade program.

Hope this helps.

guy293482 voted this post useful.
Old 10-04-19, 10:57 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thanks, yes it does! Yes, I think Audacity is what I'll stick with. Thanks for your reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: