iPhone Error 14 - Need to recover media files

Old 07-12-20, 09:10 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation iPhone Error 14 - Need to recover media files

Hi all,

I am asking for a friend if anyone is aware of any methods or services that can recover data from an iPhone that is unable to boot up and is looping on an Error 14 message? We don't want to restore the phone since that will erase all data. He has video and photo memories that he wants to recover first since they were not backed up anywhere else. Apple support was not helpful at all on this issue and they just suggested restoring the iPhone.

Here is more detail on his message to me:My device’s memory filled up; so, I deleted several applications. I would estimate that 500MB of data had been deleted. However, the storage total did not decrease; so, I tried deleting some pictures, but they would not delete. I shut the phone off for a minute. When I turned it on, it went into a "boot-cycle;" the Apple logo remained on for a few minutes, then the device would restart, and repeat. An Apple Engineer told me that this would be fixed by updating my device from iOS 13.4.1 to 13.5.1 via iTunes. For the update, I: (1) installed iTunes, (2) verified that my computer’s operating system was up to date, (3) and used a new lightning cable. The update did not finish, and I received an “error 14” notification in iTunes. I reattempted the update on four machines: two Windows 10, one macOS Mojave machine, and one macOS Catalina. All attempts ended with an “error 14” in iTunes. After each failed attempt, the device would go into a "DFU loop;" an image of a laptop with the lightning cable below it appears and remains static, while a message on top of the screen reads “http://support.apple.com/iphone/restore.” It has remained in a “DFU loop” since.

Reference: https://youtu.be/aQTObeAUzkQ

Old 07-12-20, 10:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
My neighbor had a similar problem and the Apple gurus were not able to recover the phone.
He lost everything he had on it.

I'm not well versed in Apple phones but I was reading around and found an interesting site.
I'm not endorsing it.... just some interesting reading.

Iphone error 14 help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: