How to create QR code labels for boxes?

Old 10-08-20, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question How to create QR code labels for boxes?

Recently I came across an article online about using QR codes when moving to label your boxes, which is an idea I never would have thought of, and could really use to help organize our garage. Unfortunately, the article discussed the idea, but gave no instructions on how to actually implement the idea.

I have spent the last few days trying to figure out how to do this using various apps, websites, etc. but none are hitting the mark and now I am just frustrated. Everything I have found either requires special labels or apps to be purchased or in which the app is no longer available.

I did find that I can create labels with QR codes via Avery Design & Print online, which might work, but I am not familiar enough with how to use it to know.

Ideally, what I want is to be able to create labels with a QR code and box name (e.g. Books, Keepsakes, etc). Then when scanned I want to see a list of the boxes content with photos and for the contents to be searchable. Also, I would like to be able to create/manage my labels online and from whatever app is needed to scan them.

Lastly, just for reference, I have labels in various sizes, and would scan with only Apple devices (iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone Xr).

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this without having to buy an app and/or product?

Thank you in advance to all who reply!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-20, 06:13 PM
Received 8 Votes on 6 Posts
i just went to https://www.qr-code-generator.com/ and entered some text and it showed it on the page and gave some options to do with it... tested it on my phone and worked well.

Old 10-08-20, 07:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 667 Votes on 617 Posts
There are various free apps. I use QRTiger. You can save it as an image file, then you just insert the image into a document or you can just copy and paste it wherever you want it.