Wristwatch questions

Old 12-11-20, 04:35 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wristwatch questions

1) How do I know if my wristwatch has a replaceable battery? I bought this Casio at Walmart and the watch kept great time but the battery died within 3 months. (I see no way of opening the back.)

2) How do I determine what size replacement band to get for this watch?

Thank you.

Old 12-11-20, 04:41 PM
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
a watch jeweler can help you. The back prob does unscrew but you have to press hard and turn,,, a jeweler has a nifty thing to get them off.

MonteCarlo voted this post useful.
Old 12-11-20, 04:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,351 Votes on 1,249 Posts
That's a Casio 1330. It uses a SR920SW battery. The back unsnaps..... but not easily.
Unfortunately Amazon has that watch for $11-15 and the battery itself will be at least half of that.

MonteCarlo voted this post useful.
Old 12-12-20, 01:29 PM
M
Thanks maakr. I'll give the unscrew idea a shot. The jeweler will be a backup.

Old 12-12-20, 01:37 PM
M
Thanks a lot, Pete. The watch cost $15 at Walmart, but I like it because it's really light and has an easily readable face. I looked on Amazon for the battery, and it looks like five of them are only $4.48. https://www.amazon.com/Maxell-SR920S.../dp/B0014WUYMW
Which would definitely be worth it to me. The question now is getting the back off. My Timex has a little ridge that a thin screwdriver will pry up. I don't see anything like that on this. maarkr suggested unscrewing. I'll give that a try but maybe you have another suggestion for getting it off?

Check that. I found a great video on Youtube. https://youtu.be/BdD3_gGvop8
Should be pretty easy. Thanks--the model # let me find the video.

Last edited by MonteCarlo; 12-12-20 at 01:52 PM. Reason: found additional info
Old 12-28-20, 03:40 PM
M
Just a little follow-up in case someone else sees this. The battery size for the Casio 1330 is actually SR626SW. The SR920SW is too big. The batteries were really inexpensive. $2.25 for a five pack and free shipping on Amazon. I'll probably use the SR920SW on some other watch, so nothing is wasted. Those were inexpensive too. Same sort of price range and free shipping. (And I used one of the additional sellers, which were much less than "fulfilled by Amazon" sellers. Specifically I used Bellatrix Industries and I got the batteries fast and they were due dated 2024.)

Old 12-29-20, 08:38 AM
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
2024 I think that means those batteries are already 6 years old as batteries usually have the "Use by" date 10 years after they are made.

I had a nice Casio watch it used a CR2025 I tried to replace the battery myself but I ended up destroying the watch as I could not get the battery out, I'm more used to the kind of coin cell holders that PC system boards use (the type where you press the end and the battery pops up) this had some kind of weird clip holding it in and I could not get it to release.

Old 12-30-20, 03:30 PM
M
2024 I think that means those batteries are already 6 years old as batteries usually have the "Use by" date 10 years after they are made.
Ah, no wonder they're so cheap! Still, I got it in there and working. (Thanks to a very helpful Youtube video.) Too bad about the battery being so tricky on your CR2025.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: