PC Cant see my cell phone via cable

Old 01-06-23, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
PC Cant see my cell phone via cable

Reason Being, I need to view and back up my Files and Data
The funny thing is I can hear the Bleep/Bloop when I plug the line into the PC or visa versa. So that's telling me it recognizes it. I never used either of these devices together before. Its a Samsung S8 and the PC is a HP Pavilion with Windows 10.
I did check to make sure the phone was allowing other devices to recognize it!
What am I missing? I do have to swipe a code to use my google pay and in unfamiliar locations could that be it?
PS When I stick some SD cards in I hear the the same notification Beep and yet some SD cards can be viewed and some not. I was thinking that it may be some older cards that were Dedicated to open only with the specific Camera Software? Not sure if that helps? Same goes for some flash drives, not all viewable.

Old 01-07-23, 06:02 AM
T
Received 141 Upvotes on 123 Posts
Once your computer beeps, open Windows File Explorer and under This PC, look for your phone's name (it may be just the model number). The list is sorted so it could be anywhere based on the first character of the phone name. Here is my S22+ on Win10.

This may also help

Old 01-07-23, 06:10 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
After plugging your phone into the computer you will get a notification on your phone. You need to open the notification and select to allow data transfer. The phone will then appear like another drive on your computer.

Old 01-18-23, 07:04 PM
S
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I found that I must use the USB cable that came with my Samsung phone. Other USB cables will charge it, but data transfer won't work.

Old 01-19-23, 07:37 AM
T
Received 141 Upvotes on 123 Posts
I've used other cables many times with my Samsung phone. Not all "supposed" USB cables have the conductors used for data. Reduces their cost.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: