Converting Android Video to Smaller Size

Old 04-03-24, 10:43 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Converting Android Video to Smaller Size

I keep my Android phone in my car and only used it for emergencies or urgent family calls. I only know how to call or receive calls and don't want to learn anything more about it. The phone is NOT connected to Internet, I know they are very useful but I'm retired and I want my peace.

The other day I had to take a video of my dog in the park and although the video was about 2-3 minutes the file size when I transfer it to my laptop is about 80K kb and too big to send it to anyone. I have VLC media player in my laptop and wonder if there is a way to reduce its size or perhaps with another utility?

Thanks

Old 04-03-24, 12:17 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,236 Upvotes on 1,995 Posts
So, you don't really have an Android question? You are asking how to reduce the size on a PC?

You can use VLC to reduce the size. Click the "media" tab. Then select "convert/save". In the window that opens click "add" and find your video and select it. Then click the "convert/save" button at the bottom. The window that opens will have a list of video types you can convert to. Then there will be other options you can select to get the size and format you want.

stevek66 voted this post useful.
Old 04-03-24, 01:07 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
You are right Pilot Dane it is a PC question, sorry

There are a lot of video type options so I will choose one by one to see what I get and hopefully I will get it right

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: