HP Photosmart 1115 Printer/Cartridge question

Old 08-29-02, 11:37 PM
chivasgeo
Visiting Guest
HP Photosmart 1115 Printer/Cartridge question

Hello All:

I print a lot of photos with the HP Photosmart 1115 inkjet printer. It uses the tri-color inkjet cartridge #78 and black ink #45. Those cartidges are pretty expensive....and I've been seeing ads all around for less expensive non-HP, probably re-filled ink cartridges...Has anyone ever used those less expensive cartidges and if so, how do they compare to the Factory made ink cartidges from HP? Any replies will help..and thanks in advanced!

George

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-02, 09:29 AM
DJ Cyber
Visiting Guest
I use refill ink all the time. I find that depending on the company who manufacturers the refill they tend to be just as good if not better quality than the original. Now I am not sure if you are refering to the cartridge refill kits or the "non brand name" cartridges but in either case they have both worked well for me. At this point I also do a lot of printing and I use the actual ink refill kits and even though it can be a bit messy I only spend one third on refills now. But my suggestion would be if you use the ink refills tou only refill a cartride 3 times max and then buy a new cartridge. This reason for this is simple....most print cartridges (HP included) have the print head on the cartridge on the cartridge itself so over time the print head gets clogged and the print performance will drop dramatically. For this reason if you replace it after every 3 refills you will be able to have a good print quality all the time.

Hope this information is helpfull