Internet Mail E-mail Program

Old 09-03-02, 10:13 PM
babs2g
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Internet Mail E-mail Program

I don't always see my new mail in my inbox once it has been retrieved. After I click Send/Receive, I am told that messages are being retrieved, then I get my audio confirmation, then I see the New Mail icon. HOWEVER, there is no new mail in the inbox. I've checked all the other boxes as well. Does anyone know where I can find my new, retrieved e-mails?

Old 09-04-02, 04:38 AM
L
Mr. Kiss
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Babs,
To correctly answer your question a bit more information is needed:
What program are you using? (name and version #)

What OS (operating system) is installed?

Are you the only user?

Larry

Old 09-04-02, 06:58 AM
babs2g
Visiting Guest
Program: Internet Mail

Larry,

The program is "Internet Mail". I am using Windows 95. Yes, I am the only user. Thanks for your reply.

Babs2g

Old 09-04-02, 07:16 AM
L
Mr. Kiss
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Babs,
I think internet mail came with W95 and is archaic by todays standards. I recommend you go to the following Microsoft website and update your software.

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Many security patches have been added since W95 and if you're on the net you need to get them installed. At the same time you can download "Outlook Express" to use as your new e-mail client... it's free and shouldn't take too long to download. If you have a computer store locally you can also pick up a free CD for some of the internet service providers like Prodigy. You don't need to sign up for the service but the CD's usually have the latest version of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express on them along with many of the latest security patches. If a store is not local you can order a CD from their website.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: