Windows XP and passwords

Old 09-08-02, 05:13 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Windows XP and passwords

Hello All, I am currently running Windows XP and have been quite happy with it except for when we boot up and it asks for a password. We haven't put one in as yet, all we do is press enter and it continues booting. I'd like to get rid of this password thing altogether. Is there any way to do this or is it a permanent Windows thing? Thanx.

Old 09-08-02, 06:43 AM
mickey68
Visiting Guest
Smile password

I do not know muck about XP. But try going to your help files or F1 and looking there. It should be there and tell you how to shut it off.

Good luck. P.S. Call your Tech if that dose not help

Old 09-09-02, 01:41 PM
BSB
see if this will help you.

Windows XP - solution 1:

Select Run from the Start Menu, type control userpasswords2, and click Ok.
Turn off the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok.

Windows XP - solution 2:

If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP will log you in automatically. Otherwise, you'll have to do the following:

Obtain and install the Windows XP version of TweakUI.
Open TweakUI (it's in Start -> Programs -> Powertoys for Windows XP).
Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon.
Turn on the Log on automatically at system startup option, type your username and password, and click Ok.

Brian

Old 09-09-02, 05:15 PM
T
Thanks for the replies.....Mickey 68, I tried the F1 and help files route but came up empty..... Brian, solution 1- didn't seem to do anything when I clicked o.k after entering user password2??? As far as the other program you mentioned, is that something that you can get from Microsoft's Website or is it a program that you can purchase? It may be on the computer for all I know, I'm not a computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination..... Thanks for the help.

Old 09-10-02, 11:20 AM
BSB
Havn't searched the XP cd yet, but there should be a powertoys folder under drwatson (I think). If its not you can go to www.windowsxp.com Do a search for either powertoys or tweakui.

Brian

Old 09-10-02, 02:00 PM
T
Thanks Brian I'll try going on the website you mentioned in your last post, and post back if it comes to a fruition.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: