mozilla

Old 09-25-02, 06:03 AM
mozilla

Just wondering about it. I downloaded and installed it. Seems slower than IE, and didn't have the popup killer that the mini-article claimed it did. My popup killer doesn't recognize it and I can't program mine to see Mozilla.

I'm also wondering about the security. My kids like it, but I am afraid to use it much. Should I allow them to use it for their browsing? They just think its cool looking. I think its just flat out slow.

I downloaded it to see how my webpages would look inside it. Seems to read hr and some sizing scripts (mouseovers) backwards to IE. It also has trouble reading % layouts in tables, but I'm not going to go through and define pixel size in every page, or every cell. You can't just define the header cell sizes (pixel) and not the individual cells, too. It will screw those up if you don't define the enitre table, and every cell.

Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-02, 06:32 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Welllll...

Hi Kay, I downloaded it too, used it for about three days and deleted it. Its claims that it is faster then IE are in my opinion bogus. Whether itís Netscape, IE, Opera they are only going to download at the speed of your connection. A .jpg is a .jpg, .gif is a .gif etc. They are only going to load up as fast as the connection itís attached to. The popup stopper didnít work and numerous links were broken. I would not allow my kids to mess with it for fear they would land somewhere they shouldnít. Canít quite put a name to where or anything but I flat out just didnít like it. Try Opera, it loaded to operational status faster than IE but still received files etc at the same rate. For my money itís IE all the way, hungry, resource hog, has more holes the a flour sifter but the bloody program does exactly what itís supposed to do without having to download half a dozen plugins just to view a website.

Old 09-25-02, 07:30 PM
IE does load faster, plus it seems to load pages faster than Mozilla while online. This forum is extremely slow while loading with Mozilla.

The amazing part is how slow it is loading my webpages that are on my computer.

I'll go ahead and uninstall it since I doubt that it needs to be a consideration while building my website. I'll just build for IE and if it doesn't show up right for others, then oh well...hate it!

Kay