Angry Cookies

I have Windows 98 and want to clear out my cookies, how is this done? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-02, 08:08 PM
WIZZER -5
Visiting Guest
Cookies

With Win 98, here's how to clear your cookies:

Go to desktop icon My Computer & open it. See Hard Drive C, and open it. Go to Windows (the one that looks like a manila folder) - open it.

You'll see many, many things, along with a folder called Cookies. Now, before you delete the cookies, go to Temporary Internet Files (cache), and open it. You'll see tons of folders.

Go up on your taskbar to Edit and click on Select All. This will turn all of the TIF's blueprint-blue. Then, click on ANY one of the icons, and the message will come up, "Do you want to really delete the selected files?" Click Yes, and they will disappear.

Now, go up to your browser window and click on the dragdown triangle and select Windows again. This will give you all the icons you saw previously. Go up to "Cookies," and click on it. They should be gone.

I discovered that deleting Temp Int Files takes care of the cookies automatically, but you can do Cookies first, if you wish.

Once you get back to your home screen, click on your Recycle Bin and delete the stuff in there.

Hope this helps! -Wiz

Old 10-02-02, 12:56 AM
GSMAC
Visiting Guest
Thank You ! You explained it perfect!