P200MMX; jumper settings

Old 10-05-02, 10:54 AM
Seerialmom
Visiting Guest
Question P200MMX; jumper settings

The PS on my backup system was going so I found a almost together PC at a garage sale for $5 which had a supposed P233MMX. Got it home; added the video card and fired it up. Unfortunately it was an IBM/Cyrix 200MMX...sacreligous from my perspective (sorry..I work for the other guys..heh). Anyway, decided to pop that out and put in my P200MMX from the original system but it only saw P166. Figuring it was a jumper setting (P55c and J9 were jumpered) tried putting jumpers on P54c/J9 but nothing happened; wouldn't even display. Other MB's I've used were bought with the info on the box and had a manual; can't find the specific MB from the markings (my old one said in bold letters P5VXAT I think). Can I determine the MB just from the chipset markings or does someone know right off hand which jumper to use? Also..had tried putting in the 168 pin chips (2 64MB ea) but system only saw 32MB so I put back the original 64MB 72's it had. Is that a CMOS issue or a jumper?

Thanks for any answers you give (other than buying an AMD chip or a P4 with new MB..heheh)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-02, 11:40 AM
logjam
Visiting Guest
Cyrix? Ewwwww.

Motherboards.org... http://www.motherboards.org/

One of the menus has an option 'MoBo ID Tools' which will deposit you here... http://www.motherboards.org/moboidtools.html

Old 10-06-02, 03:24 PM
Seerialmom
Visiting Guest
P200MMX; jumper settings

Thanks for the referral. After reading through info on the VXPro I'm thinking I should resurrect one of the MB's sitting in my closet with the Intel chipsets. It's only limitation is it has only one 168pin slot...but will still take the 64MB of 72's. And I have the manual for it . Worse case scenario is I'll break down and donate it all to the surplus PC place by the auction.

Virginia

Old 10-06-02, 06:15 PM
logjam
Visiting Guest
Talking

*heh* You're welcome.

Been there, done that myself... still got the parts kicking around actually, I need to take a trip to a recycle place myself.