Acer Laptop battery problem

Old 10-13-02, 05:40 AM
wallyk
Visiting Guest
Question Acer Laptop battery problem

My acer Laptop extensa 390 model will not run on it's battery. It shows 100% charged but it gets to about 92% and computer goes into low power shut down mode. I've tried this battery on an exact same computer and it works just fine. It appears that there is a problem with a circuit regulating the amount of battery power. Is this difficult to fix? Is it expensive? Can I do it myself? The laptop runs fine on AC power.

Old 10-13-02, 09:17 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Bad Battery...

Yea that sounds like a bad battery. Is there a Batteries Plus in your area? Do a search for them on Google etc they are everywhere. They can rebuild the battery cheaper than new but they can also get a new one reasonable too. Try to go back with Ni-MH batteries. Nickle Metalís seem to last longer and provide more stable power than NiCD.

Old 10-14-02, 07:58 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you say another computer works fine on this battery, how long does it work fine? If it works for the right time, then you probabably have a bad computer, not battery. A bad battery would cause the same symptoms on any computer.

Old 10-14-02, 09:56 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Missed...

Crap I missed the other computer thing, have the computer checked out...

Old 10-14-02, 03:47 PM
Doberman Lady
Visiting Guest
Wallyk,
Try turning off the power managment setting and see if that works. It could be a bad power monitor chip. If that is the case, I would suggest you send it in unless you are EXTREMLY knowledgable on hardware. It is a major undertaking. Hope this helps.

Old 10-14-02, 03:49 PM
Doberman Lady
Visiting Guest
BigMike you missed?!?!

Not you, couldnt have missed something!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: