Need help with new version "Kazaa"

Old 10-18-02, 05:25 PM
golfnut
Visiting Guest
Need help with new version "Kazaa"

I thought I would put this message in the computer section since it is computer related. I downloaded the new version of "Kazaa" (v2 I guess it is), and what is happening is that the "Preview/Play" feature of the software does not work when wanting to preview songs during the download process. My old version was fine. Is there something that I need to enable of disable to get it to work. Or is it in my computer. Or is this what Kazaa wants you to do is download completely. I have uninstalled Kazaa and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work. If it helps I am on a High Speed phone line. Thanks if any of you expert Kazaa users out there can help. Golfnut.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-02, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
KAZAA

I dont use it: If you look they can read your pc the whole time you are on there with them . ED

Old 10-19-02, 08:32 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Kazaa...

I notice that too. As the file downloads, it is in .dat format so the player may have some trouble converting it on the fly if you have a weak system. I have a monster and still canít preview video while downloading but can audio. You will need a few megs of the file downloaded before you try to preview it because it plays faster than it downloads. As far as accessing your drive thatís not quite true, by default it is but setup the sharing folder yourself, donít let it look for media on itís own! If you have a partition thatís even better, do not give Kazaa access to your primary drive. I have two folders I allow them to see, downloaded MP3 and MP3 already stored.

Old 10-19-02, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As Mike said, you can "not share" files while online with Kazaa. Yes, it is a server program and all the music and videos that you're downloading, you're downloading from other people's computers not a server. If you share, then others will be downloading from your computer. The server just presents a list of what songs/videos are available (by looking at your shared file and everyone else's that's online with them) and then it routes the request to the next available computer with the requested material.

Kay