Will TV Tuner with pal,work in usa?

Old 10-20-02, 06:00 AM
bronc25
Visiting Guest
Will TV Tuner with pal,work in usa?

I accidently bought an ATI All in wonder Video card with Pal and not ntsc.I only wanted it for the TV tuner and video out to tv.Not worried about playing dvd's .Is the pal-ntsc format for dvd's only,or for everthing,likle my tv signal? Like I said,I want to be able to watch tv on the computer and watch videos from computer on my TV(mostly avi files) Will this work for me or do I need to get one with ntsc.I'm in the united states...Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-02, 09:58 AM
logjam
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

Yes, PAL and NSTC apply to TV, VCR etc. No, they are not compatible - PAL has more lines for starters.

You might be able to get some kind of PAL<->NSTC translator hardware, but I have no idea what or from where or how good the quality would be.

Sorry.

Old 10-20-02, 03:29 PM
jlbos83
Visiting Guest
There are converters, but I have a feeling a new card might be cheaper. It has been a while since I looked, but $200 sticks in my head. Once you live in Europe for a while and collect some tapes there, you are forever trying to figure out how to actually see them, without buying a studio's worth of equipment!

Search for Multi system VCR, I think that will lead you to the converters, as well.....