printer problem

Old 10-30-02, 11:14 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
printer problem

I have a HP 690 deskjet printer. everything works fine except i can't get the printer to print out anything in yellow. I have tried a new color cartridge and it still doesn't print anything that needs the color yellow. all other colors work fine. the printer is about 5 years old and has been working great up until this problem. any suggestions? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-02, 02:44 PM
FJW
Visiting Guest
how about doing printer cleaning. Go to your printer folder and there should be a cleaning wizard...try that !! it will run you threw a few different things to clean and test your printer.

Old 10-30-02, 02:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 51 Votes on 41 Posts
More likely a software problem I would think; the HP cartridges contain their own print head so a new cartridge would already be "clean". Check HP's web site for latest drivers for your model. Uninstall old HP software and run setup with new drivers.

Old 10-31-02, 05:44 AM
bluecanary25
Visiting Guest
Try cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol using lint free cloth.

OK, just read a story about funny tech support calls:
Are you printing on yellow paper? Try white paper. LOL!!

Bluecanary25

Old 10-31-02, 01:05 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are you able to print green colors? Green should be made by mixing blue and yellow....

Old 10-31-02, 08:19 PM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
Here's my two cents~

I had a similar problem not long ago. I don't remember the color that wasn't printing, but even a new cartridge that I had stored in a drawer didn't make a difference.

I bought a brand new cartridge, brought it home and installed it, eagerly waiting for the result while it printed. Sure enough, all the colors were there. In may case, I think that, for whatever reason, the stored cartridge was faulty. For those who REALLY know about these things, could that have been it?

~Marcia

Old 11-01-02, 04:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 51 Votes on 41 Posts
I think canary has the most likely idea; the contacts, not the yellow paper LOL.