Printer is printing photo in center of paper

Old 10-31-02, 08:26 PM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Printer is printing photo in center of paper

When printing a photo, it is always in the center of the photo paper, which is a big waste of paper. It never used to be this way, and I'm not sure what I've done differently.

Photos are printing from Corel Photo House, both from the scanner and digital photos. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~Marcia

Last edited by mlminin; 11-01-02 at 05:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-02, 08:28 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A couple of suggestions:

1) On Corel's file menu, go into page setup. I've never used the package, so I don't know how sophisticated it is, but look around the dialog and any sub-dialogs for anything that says "center". If you have checked something that centers by default, then uncheck it and try again (on cheap paper and in draft mode until it is fixed :-).

2) If that brings no joy, then start a print, and where the printer name is shown you should have "properties" or something like that. This brings you to a page (which will be different depending on your printer brand and possibly OS -- neither of which you mentioned by the way) that contains settings for things like layout, paper type, etc. Somewhere in that dialog or sub-dialogs, the driver should allow you to set the print area with check boxes for "maximum" and "centered". Check to see if centered is clicked by default (at some point you may have tried it and then hit save, which may do this -- again depending on the package etc.)

If (2) brings some joy, then you can change this permanently by going into the start menu under printers and changing the default properties for your printer.

Good luck.

Old 11-02-02, 10:07 AM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
I'm sorry to have not mentioned that the printer is a HP DeskJet 722C and my OS is Windows98.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to give them a try later and let you know.

mlminin

Old 11-06-02, 07:22 PM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for the suggestions. I have good news! The problem is solved. I started by checking info in Corel, and found that they always center their photo prints. Not good for me. Today I went to my 14 year old for help, wanting to start with the suggestions here. He told me that I can print from other locations besides Corel, so, that's what I did, and my problem is solved.

Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it very much.
~M