WIN 2K Pro DOS ONLY??

Old 11-07-02, 04:03 PM
MarGinJoey
Visiting Guest
WIN 2K Pro DOS ONLY??

Hi,

Recently blew away my PC and installed Win2K Pro. My issue is I need to RE-FLASH my CD Burner... Problem is, I cant do it from the DOS PROMPT, and states in the directions that it must be done IN DOS (not the prompt).

If I go into SAFE MODE, this too, of course, is treated as a DOS prompt, and is quickly followed by the Doctor...Watson of course...

So, Im stuck!! and Mad as hell too, for god sakes this is what I do for a living and I'm sooooo stuck!!! Perhaps a boot disk??? I don't "think" this will work but....anyone????

Please, only reply if you understood EVERYTHING above.... not to be mean, but....well... too many people know just enough to be dangerous, k??

Thanks in advance,
MarginJoey
(Mark)

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-02, 05:47 PM
BSB
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like yer stuck. If you converted to ntfs best of luck. do a search on google or dogpile for a work around. OR get a new "small" HD, load win98/95/dos and flash. (remove the win2kpro disk first.)

Brian

p.s. normally will do a search, but since my time is limited now I don't have the time I used to.

Old 11-07-02, 06:51 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Well...

Yer out of luck dude, time for a new drive OR pull the drive and run over to a buddies house and flash it there? Personaly I would just repalce it. Lite-On drives are flashable from Windoze, at least mine was.

Old 11-07-02, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can use a win98 boots disk to flash a bios you just have to copy the bios update to a floppy as you wont be able to read the ntfs hardisk...

Old 11-09-02, 01:47 PM
fesjr
Visiting Guest
There is a site www.bootdisk.com. You can download dos, win95, win98 etc. bootdisks. Just run from the floppy drive. Remember dos only reconizes a fat16 partition. So if you have a fat32 or ntfs on your hard drive, you will not be able to access it from dos os. You will need to make sure your flash program and data is on the floppy also. Good luck.