computer question

Old 11-26-02, 10:55 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
computer question

updating fdisk down loaded file it says choose a program to open file with which one should I choose? New to computers an easy one for you pro's but I do not know it.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-02, 11:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We're going to need more info to help with that. First of all, why would you update Fdisk? Fdisk comes with the OS you're using. If you update it, it may not work with your OS. Secondly, exactly what file (specifically, what type of file) did you download? .ZIP? .ARC? .??? The extension is going to tell you what kind of file it is and, hence, what program you need to open it. I would say if it's not an .exe file (self install) then it's more than likely a .ZIP file. www.winzip.com will work (as it will on most archive files.) Give us some more info to work with.

Good luck

Old 11-26-02, 11:05 PM
One more thing. Are you sure you want to mess with Fdisk? Do you really know how it works and what it does? You can seriously screw up a computer with Fdisk. You can actually lose all data on a drive if you do something wrong.
Tell us what you're trying to do, and maybe we can suggest a better program for it.

Old 11-26-02, 11:11 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
fdisk zip file

trying to up fdisk for windows 98 form this page http://www.bootdisk.com/original.htm
It is a zip file put I don't know what to open it with

Old 11-26-02, 11:14 PM
If it's a Zip file, use Winzip to open it. www.winzip.com Very good program and easy to use.

Old 11-26-02, 11:40 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
Thanks Safewatch

Thanks