Adding E-mail folder in Outlook

Old 12-11-02, 06:57 PM
J A Boggan
Visiting Guest
Question E-mail folder

Could someone out there expain to me (in detail) the way to set up a separate folder to put my some of my E-mail messages in? Here is my problem, when I highlite the message I want to move, I right click on the "outlook express" icon to the left on my screen, I get a box with several selections (including new folder) but the new folder is "grayed out". I feel that I'm around where I need to be but still unable to open it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-02, 07:37 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have other folders under your Outlook Express folder, these are your separate accounts (unless you're using a POP server, then all accounts are list in Local Folders.) For example: on my computer I have 3 POP accounts, they all go to the Local Folder. I have 1 Hotmail account, it has it's own folder (which, btw, Hotmail is not working good with OE anymore???) So, let's say I want to add another folder to my Hotmail account, I would Right-Click the Hotmail folder then New Folder...

If I want to add an Old folder to my Local Folders, I would right-click Local Folders, then New Folder... then name my folder Old.

Good Luck!

Let me know how it goes.

Old 12-11-02, 09:04 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hope i understand you right....try this....highlight the mail you want moved....right click on it....should get a popup with lots of options....go down to "move to folder" and left click it, then you should get another popup with buttons on the right...click new folder, and make a name for it in the space provided under "folder name" then click ok. you should then have a new folder. just one way!

Old 12-12-02, 02:31 AM
J A Boggan
Visiting Guest
Thanks fellows for the help. It seems to be working fine.