removing windows programs do any of you do that?

Old 01-08-03, 02:43 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
removing windows programs do any of you do that?

I removed microsoft arcade to free up some disk space and the fact that I do not use it. Have any of you removed some of the other microsoft programs on windows 98?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-03, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
microsoft likes to pack all kinds of sh*t on their systems you will never use.

remove all the programs you want, just be sensible, and don't remove something critical to the systems performance.

Old 01-08-03, 05:49 PM
It is common to uninstall programs that are no longer used, or need to be uninstalled prior to installing an upgrade. The safest way is to use uninstall feature. This is in start, settings, control panel, add/remove programs. It is generally a bad idea to simply delete files, especially program files from Windows, unless you are sure of the results.

Old 01-08-03, 06:38 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
removeing programs

Thats the way I removed the program Start Control Panel Add Remove. Can I get in trouble if I remove some of these other programs that way? I am new to computers. Maybe I should ask which programs you have removed, about the only thing I do is surf the net so I am not sure which programs I will need.

Old 01-08-03, 09:49 PM
when I use windows98 I formated my hds once every 6 months or so and reinstalled apps/games as I needed them...

Old 01-09-03, 07:00 PM
Frankly, if you don't have a reason to remove a program, don't. If the computer is doing what you want and you are not certain about what you want to remove, why not just leave it?

Sure, there is a lot of useless stuff on most computers. It is possible to remove some things that you would wish differently later.

You could send us a list of prospects, and we could make recommendations.