Windows Media Player - autorun??

Old 02-06-03, 07:55 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Windows Media Player - autorun??

Safewatch or whomever,

Is there a way I can burn music videos to a cd for my grandaughter that will start WMP automatically, and in full screen mode?

wondering,
fred

Old 02-06-03, 09:10 AM
porchey
Visiting Guest
Here yah go..haven't tried it but i assume it'll work fine
http://www.webattack.com/Shareware/s...cdrtools.shtml

Old 02-06-03, 09:31 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The Autorun Program listed on the page porchey mentioned looks like it will do what you want. It's not freeware though, it cost $19.95 to register it. I checked the freeware page too, didn't see anything that looked like it would work. Really all you need is an autorun.inf file. I haven't worked with them in a while, but take any autorun CD and just edit the autorun.inf file, you can see how easy it is to write those files. I think all you need is the name of the file you want to autorun listed, but again, it's been a while.

You could also check www.download.com for some freeware. I don't think I would pay for a program that only writes 1 file to my CD, like Autorun mentioned above. I'm sure you can find some good freeware somewhere. If you were to put each movie on a separate CD (you'll probably have to anyway) and name every file the same on the CD's, then you could just write 1 autorun.inf file and include it on each CD. Then, when you pop in the CD it automatically plays movie.avi or whatever your filename is. No modifying your autorun.inf for every CD then.

Good luck!
Let us know what you figure out.

Old 02-06-03, 03:03 PM
tae
Old 02-06-03, 07:07 PM
Hey, thx for the tips.
I might give them a try tomorrow since the snow is falling heavily and I doubt I'll be wandering out (ceptin' on my ATV out back).
I'll let you know if/when I get it working.
thanks,
fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: