Missing Graphics on E-Mail

Old 02-09-03, 06:38 AM
ed.bignell
Visiting Guest
Missing Graphics on E-Mail

Periodically on incoming e-mail with text and graphics, the text is fine but the graphics just appear as an empty box with a small red"x" in the upper right corner. I am running Windows98 SE and the e-mail program is Eudora 5.2
Don't have proxy, firewall or ad blocker. Have disabled Norton Anti Virus to see if the made any difference but still the problem remains.
Would appreciate any assistance.

Old 02-09-03, 07:07 AM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
The link in the email to the graphic is probably a link that you are not allowed to access. Sometimes people post images on free picture sites but you are not allowed to post links to them.

Old 02-09-03, 05:29 PM
tae
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It means that the graphic was not able to be loaded, either because it took to long, or was not properly written into the code, or some other reason. Sometimes hitting revfresh will help, but not always.It is usually not your computers fault, unless it is set to not view graphics.

Old 02-09-03, 05:50 PM
I agree with tae. If you can hold your mouse over it, right click and it has a property box with a local (your machine) address for the picture, then you should be able to refresh and it show ~ unless your graphics are turned off. If it has a remote machine (ie: DIY website) then you will have to be connected to the internet to see it.

Another reason may be the following, of which I was guilty. Received more email from people asking me "what picture".

Does it happen in your mail randomly, or only in mail from a certain person/people? In Outlook, there is an option to attach pictures included in the emails as attachments. Many senders don't click this option since they believe that the picture will show up anyway by being encoded into the email message, but isn't always true. Sometimes it doesn't make it into the message, other times it is removed or corrupted during the sending process.

You may want to check with the sender(s) to make sure that they are including the image as an attachment. I believe that option is also available in Eudora.

K.

Old 02-10-03, 11:45 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You may have inadvertently changed your viewing options from HTML to Text also. Check your settings, I think you've either disabled graphics or changed view settings.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: