monitor problem

Old 02-11-03, 11:34 AM
pfarnham
Visiting Guest
monitor problem

my monitor which dates from 1998 seems to pull in on the sides
I have tried to fix this via the monitor controls but I cannot get it straight along the sides. Its a 17" gateway ev700. Should i invest in a new one? Also would a 15" lcd give me about the same viewing size as the 17" crt?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-03, 12:20 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have the latest drivers for you video card installed and you can't solve this problem by adjusting the monitor, then it seems as if the monitor is headed for the great workstation in the sky.

The viewing area of a 15" LCD and the viewing area of a 17" CRT are almost the same.

I was surprised to see that in the stores. I almost bought a LCD when I replaced my monitor in December, but decided against it because the rendering is not up to crt quality for some of my cutting edge games. So I bought a 17" flat screen CRT and have been pleased.

Old 02-11-03, 02:23 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The power supply in the monitor is probably going bad. It's not that expensive to fix, but generally a replacement is the best way to go.
LCDs are great, but they do have two problems: one is the refresh rate, and the other one is trailing. Both of these problems can be annoying when playing fast action games. Not an issue when doing "regular" work. Other "problems" include brighteness, and the narrow viewing agle.