Not Printing E-mails

Old 02-17-03, 09:30 AM
fireman07
Visiting Guest
Question Can't Print E-mails

WHAT IM WONDERING IS WHY CAN'T I PRINT MY E-MAIL'S. THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT IS BEING GIVEN WHEN I CLICK PRINT: an error has occured in the script on this page

line: 508
char: 1
error: permission denied
code:0
url: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg

signed:

Old 02-17-03, 09:53 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What program are you using? Is it just certain e-mails from certain people or all e-mails? What OS? Have you tried reinstalling the e-mail software? You are getting a script error, that's usually in the e-mail itself. However, if you are checking e-mail online (ie: hotmail, yahoo, etc) it could be something in their software that is not working properly.

From the URL listed, it sounds like a local file, but the filename is "preview", so that could be anything. You error is "permission denied", if you are using an online e-mail program, they may not allow printing from the particular page you are viewing. Have you tried a copy and past to Word or Notepad to print?

Old 02-17-03, 10:42 AM
fireman07
Visiting Guest
Arrow E-MAILS NOT PRINTING

PROGRAM THAT IM USING IS INCREDIMAIL ,AND IT WON'T PRINY ANY E-MAILS NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE FROM.
I AM USING WINDOWS MILLINUM ME 2000.:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU SAY OS?
AND ALSO BE FOR I FORGET I CAN PRINT EVERY THING ELSE BUT MY EMAILS.THAT'S WHEN I GET THE MESSAGE.

Old 02-17-03, 12:09 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
Windows ME is your operating systm (OS);
I've never heard of your mail program...

But, if you can't print from incredimail and you can print from everything else then the problem is with the mail program; Incredimail.com says it's something you download for free, so if you want to stick with it, reinstall the program either from your disk or a download.

There aren't any helpfiles visible from the top of the site, so I personally have no way to help you debug and reinstalling a free download is simple enough, anyway. As to whether or not you should uninstall your old before installing new, hopefully they'll tell you with your download, but if they don't, you could try to install new over old and if that don't work, uninstall then install. But either way, you'd probably want to back-up your old mail and address book before you do anything; That is, if they provide a way to do it through the software; Otherwise, you could forward any of the old mail that you'd like to keep to yourself and not retrieve the mail until you've finished reinstalling or have installed another program

Hope this helps;
R

----
Edit
----
As usual, I wrote and then clicked; Helpfiles are a couple of steps below the top and they don't answer your question, but they do give installation and upgrading info...
http://www.incredimail.com/english/h...ter/index.html

Old 02-17-03, 12:15 PM
S
I'm with magister on this, never heard of Incredimail. You could also install a good, known e-mail program (not that Incredimail is bad, just not well-known) like Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Mail, etc. then as magister said, forward yourself the e-mail and open it in your new program. Then try printing from there. If it works, it's obviously your Incredimail program. If you have your e-mails in another program, you don't have to worry about deleting e-mails when you reinstall. In that case, I would highly recommend uninstall/reinstall of Incredimail. Like I said before, you're getting a scripting error, it's probably in your program. Make sure you send the error message you are getting to the Incredimail Tech Support, this will help them correct the problem in future versions, and who knows? they may even have a quick fix for it.

Good luck!

Old 02-17-03, 12:33 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
And not that this is a mutual admiration society, but I agree with everything the moderator said, but I thought I'd add;

If you bought an out-of-the-box computer, Outlook Express was automatically installed onto your system (It's in the contract) and unless you uninstalled it, it should still be there, though it may be an older version without the updates; As a quick fix, you should be able to point your Outlook Express towards your mail server with the instructions available from your provider that is, if the setup wizard hasn't already done it for you and you just don't know it...

Outlook Express is a free download Microsoft is using to take over the world and if it's on your system, it should be visible from under the Start menu; To see if your's is already setup, you could use it to send yourself a message and see if you receive it...

Old 02-17-03, 01:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Agreed... but if you want to stick with Incredimail and Do reinstall it and still can't print, you can always copy & paste the email to wordpad or notepad & print.

Old 02-17-03, 10:33 PM
S
I did find some info about Incredimail at www.download.com, but it's not good. The program actually has a 95% + rating, but this guy seems to know what he's talking about:

"Walking to the post office may be easier for most."
So you want to send pretty e-mails with animations well first problem is vm (windows java). You'll need to download java directly dont use vm it cannot handle the load on your system from the software. not in XP set your access defaults to not us Microsofts VM. Still not done hmmm shall i go on? It's just a waste to explain how to make it work correctly, Downloading the software is a big mistake unless you understand how the App works dont download it (IF you didnt make it you probably dont know). installing applications that try to change your VM settings could be fatal careful.
And since you are getting scripting errors, my guess would be it is VM related.

I just downloaded Opera, I've heard a lot about it, all good. My suggestion: give Opera or even (oh no!!!) Outlook Express a try for a while. Personally, I like OE, but it's just not organized enough for me, so I'm going to try Opera for a while.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 02-18-03, 06:07 PM
fireman07
Visiting Guest
Not Printing E-mails

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR INFO, BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE PROCEDURE FOR RESOLVING THIS PROBLEM OR WHAT WEBSITE COULD I GO TO TO FIND SOLUTION FOR THS PROBLEM I WENT TO WWW.DOWNLOAD.COM NOTHING COMES UP .

Old 02-18-03, 06:19 PM
S
Download.com is just a software site. I happen to be on it the other day and saw Incredimail. One of the features of Download.com is that users can submit reviews about the software. The quote I posted was one of these reviews.

Click Here for the Incredimail help page.

I didn't dig through the help files to find your specific problem, but there is also a Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

I would highly recommend using a different program, however. Unless you just like the flashy backgrounds and fancy little emoticons. It doesn't seem to be a very useful mail program, just flashy. Just my 2¢.

Good luck!

Old 02-18-03, 06:49 PM
Unless something has changed, IncrediMail is an add-on for Outlook. Screwed my system all up! Its cute, and I see a lot of people use it without problems. Printing was just one of my many problems with it.

Kay

Old 02-18-03, 07:16 PM
S
It looks like Incredimail is a stand-alone app. However, I did see some mention of a Beta release of Incredimail for Office Outlook (not exactly sure which version that would be, but that's what it says.)

And, sorry again Kay, but you're wrong, it's not cute. It's plain annoying. If someone sent me an e-mail that sings and dances and eats up my resources, I'd block em in a heartbeat

J/K

Old 02-18-03, 07:32 PM
My SIL uses it. Drive me nuts. Half the time I can't read it since she uses flourescent colors on an already hard to look at background. You're right, not cute. When I first found out about incredimail, it claimed that it would enhance outlook. Guess it is a stand alone. It really messed up my OUtlook Express for the one moment I used it. I could care less about the dancing bunny rabbits that are so 'cute'. Worse, is them typing about the 'cute' background they are using. LOL. I'm with you. Just get it to me in a neat and orderly fashion. No bells, no whistles. I'm not that bored, and you don't have to go out of your way to amuse me.

Kay

I did find a way to get past the unreadable emails, however. I just hit the forward button and remove the background. Works everytime.

K.

Old 02-20-03, 05:35 AM
I downloaded IncrediMail just to see what it was like and its actually a neat little mail program.

I have it set to send plain text messages so I don't annoy anyone, but it seems fast and easy to use. The only problem is that it destroyed the address book (OE) when I tried to import into Incredimail. Not a problem for me because I only have about 7 addys in there, but could be a major problem for someone who has a large address book.

Mind you, I just installed this thing yesterday so we will see what happens over the next few days or weeks. I am not recommending that anyone run out and get it, just trying to test it out.

The first IncrediMail that I used last year was an add-in for outlook express. It added new tools bars along with the existing ones in OE. I had nothing but problems after using it then, but will see what is new in it.

I agree that you should be careful about what type emails that you send to others. My MIL (mother in law) is on dial up so sending her graphical emails is (to me) the equivelant of slapping her in the face. My cousin has truly bad connections on dialup where she lives (lucky to be able to stay online long enough to receive an email) so a graphical email is a no-no if I want her to even get it. If you want to be really nice, use that 5 or 10Mb of webspace your ISP allows you to upload the cutesy and/or graphical resource robbing stuff to it and then link to it in an email. That gives the recipient the choice of whether they want to see it or not, and when they choose to look at it.

Kay

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: