error control

Old 03-02-03, 04:17 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
error control

Could you please tell me the function of :"error control" located in advanced connection settings, and should it be on or off? Windows 98, Modem< Coexant SoftK56 Data Fax PCI V.90 Thank You in advance

Old 03-02-03, 11:30 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Error Control should be on. It can slow your connection slightly, but not noticably. Basically, from my understanding, what this does is looks for bad packets (information from one computer to the next). When it finds one, it requests the information be sent again, or automatically corrects it. You will never know the difference.

Old 03-02-03, 01:14 PM
M
Safe Watch; Thank you for your help. I would like to ask another question pertaining to the same. Would "error on page" be associated with the same should "error control" be enabled or disabled when downloading a web page. Thank You!

Old 03-02-03, 03:00 PM
C
Error on a page is a scripting error by the writer of the code for the page. Lots of sloppy code out there nowadays.

Old 03-02-03, 07:44 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, like Chris says, basically "Error on page" is either due to scripting errors, incompatibility, maybe missing info, etc. It could literally be any of a hundred things. It really has nothing to do with your connection or anything you yourself can control in most instances. I've never really researched it, but I'm sure you could look up more info on Page Errors at www.microsoft.com Who knows, maybe you could teach us something about it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: