Strange User/Password dialog

Old 03-13-03, 05:09 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Strange User/Password dialog

First of all, I haven't checked MS.com KnowledgeBase on this yet. But I thought I would post it here, for user reference also.

This only happens in IE6 (6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920 to be exact)

On password protected pages/folders (where you get the standard pop-up user/pass dialog) IE6 attempts to fill-in these values itself. Now, normally this is not a problem, except when I have not yet entered these values and they are blank. IE proceeds to flash through all 3 dialogs and doesn't give me a chance to enter any values. Obviously, I'm not granted access, since I have not entered a user/pass. So I get a 401. I've gone completely through the Advanced settings, the Content, etc. etc. etc. and I can't find anything anywhere that controls these settings. I'm sure I could find the file that stores these user/pass combos for each and every site, but who wants to do that??? What a pain.

So, anyone have any ideas???

Thanks.

Old 03-13-03, 07:34 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I may be way off here because I don't have XP but have a look at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 281660

Maybe this helps......Mike

Old 03-14-03, 12:06 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the post, Mike. I figured out what it is. I've been running a Macro program lately (Macro Magic.) Some pre-programmed Macro was causing this action whenever the pop-up would appear. I haven't figured out which one yet, so I haven't corrected it, but at least I figured out the problem.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: