Dos extensions

Old 03-19-03, 06:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dos extensions

I recently came across an old DOS program that I used about 10 years ago. Its a really cute learning program that my daughter learned to use at 1 1/2 yrs of age.

Simply because this is dear to me, and a precious memory of a child sitting at a computer with a bottle hanging out of her mouth, 'chasing' letters on the screen by matching the correct one on the keyboard, I wanted the program again. Those were the days when a 'baby' could walk up to a system, hit one letter and the enter key to run a program (thanks to batch files!).

Here's the deal: I downloaded it in zip form. Unzipped, it has a .d64 extension. Not a .com, .bat, or .exe so how do I use it?

Thanks for any help.

Kay

Old 03-19-03, 07:49 PM
C
You might run a Google search on the name of the program and find out more about it. It may have been rewritten. Who knows?

Old 03-19-03, 08:13 PM
I ran another search, but for the program again. I found another site that had it, also in zip form but it unzipped perfectly.

Apparently the first didn't unzip all the way. It only had 2 files, whereas the newest one I downloaded had lots of them, and it runs!

I called my daughter in here, who is now 12, and asked her if she remembered it. She got all excited and said yes, and wanted to play it.

So slow compared to the games today, and kind of silly. Just one of those momma moments in time for me. Pretty cool!

I had to sell my computer before my 10yo could play it and he's not very computerized. It intimidates him. I think that the 12yo loves the computer and feels comfortable with it since I started her young. I didn't get another computer (this one) until about 4 years ago.

I will research the extension for future reference.

Thanks!

Kay

Ps. Just looked for it, and found a site that offers a download for a program so you can run the file in windows. Appears to be some sort of Windows emulator. The d64 extension is what it uses the emulator? Oh well. Not worth downloading to find out. LOL.

K

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: