wanting a ISP, I can use at Home with Computrer

wanting to setup Web-TV. in Kids room

and all use the same ISP. /

I know I can not use computer / Web-TV at the same time ,,

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-03, 11:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, so you want to use your Web-TV on the W-TV unit and also on a computer, correct???

First of all, Web-TV is an ISP. So, as far as I know, you cannot change your unit to work with another ISP. Also, (again, as far as I know - I'm not a Web-TV expert) you cannot use Web-TV on a PC.

So, in short, you can't do it. This is assuming I am correct about the Web-TV console being proprietary and W-TV not allowing dial-up through a PC.

I would say check the W-TV support site to see if there is an optional dial-up from a PC. That's definitely going to be your best bet. I'm almost 100% positive you can't change the console itself.

Good luck!

Old 03-24-03, 05:20 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I put my father in a Web TV Plus and rather than go with Web TV ISP service I have him on BellSouth dialup. If the rates havn't changed I pay about $10.00 a month to Web TV and whatever BellSouth charges for an ISP service with discounts for multiple calling/dialup plans, I want to say about $17.00 for a total of around $28.00 to 30.00 for my fathers rig. When setting up the Web TV just choose that you have you own dialup that you want to use....Mike

Old 03-24-03, 05:46 AM
RoyleMouse
Visiting Guest
re-state my question !

As i have been told . i need an ISP to conect to web-tv ........... Earthlink ,,,,,,

or .......... MSN ,,,,,,,,,,,,, to get to web-tv,

Old 03-24-03, 09:31 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
most people i know who used web tv end up getting a computer when they see all the things they cant do with it(web tv), and how cheap computers are now. I don't know your reasons for getting/using web tv, but if online security(for the kids) is an issue, there are alot of free/low priced software just for that purpose to keep them on the right track. When you start looking at prices at places like http://pricewatch.com and see full windows systems(minus monitor) around 200 bucks or so and both computers could use same isp....just a thought.

Old 03-25-03, 03:39 PM
gnl
Visiting Guest
I was told by MSN that you can use the "MSN ONE" ISP plan that will allow you to use the webtv and the computer on that same ISP at the same time, for about $21.95 per month, with that plan the service to the webtv is free. Webtv service by itself is $24.95/mo. Unless that has recently changed. Call MSN Customer Service: 1-800-386-5550