turn off scanners&cameras wizard

Old 03-29-03, 09:45 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
turn off scanners&cameras wizard

I've reinstalled the software that came with my camera, how can I turn OFF XP's scanners and cameras wizard? It's intercepting the connection and I'm having to run it manually.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-03, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What do you mean? Why would you not want to have the XP run its installation routine? Most cameras will have you run their program first, then connect the camera and let XP find the driver for you. What camera?

Old 03-31-03, 08:22 PM
The built in 'get pictures from the camera' routing is taking over, and not letting the software that came with the camera (which i prefer) run. I had set up the built in routine to see what it did, now I can't get rid of it!

Old 03-31-03, 09:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That has nothing to do with the Scanner/Camera Wizard. You need to change XP's action for when you plug-in the camera.

Having said that, I'm not sure how you would go about doing it. I'll have to do some research.

I need to know too, since I set mine up to run Photoshop when I plug-in my camera. I now want it to go to the folder for the camera.

I'll get back to you on that ASAP.

Old 04-01-03, 04:36 AM
Actually, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with it, since that's the window that pops up when the camera is plugged in..

"This wizards helps you copy pictures from your camera, scanner or other device..."

I just want windows to stop 'helping' me..

Old 04-01-03, 09:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ok, I misunderstood, I thought you guys were talking about the "Add Scanners/Camera Wizard" - too many wizards, not enough magic.

But, either way, it still has to do with XP's default action when you plug-in your camera. I've got some freetime, I'll do some searching.