Audio connection cable

Old 04-02-03, 06:48 AM
BGC
Visiting Guest
Audio connection cable

I apologize for such a simple inquiry . . but my nephew gave me his old system (Dell hard drive and PB monitor) without the audio cable and I don't know (a) how to hook it up or (b) which type to use. I looked thru the posts already . . could you help?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-03, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What audio cable? From the computer to the stand alone speakers or to speakers mounted on the monitor? Or something else?

Old 04-02-03, 12:02 PM
BGC
Visiting Guest
Sorry. From the back of the hard drive to the monitor where speakers are built in.

Old 04-02-03, 12:21 PM
The hard drive is inside the computer tower, and you con't connect the hard drive to the speakers.
A regular stereo audio cable with min din conectors at both ends will probably work, unless your monitor has a special connections. You'll need a cable with "headphones like" connectors on both ends.

Old 04-02-03, 01:50 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
And of course, a place to plug the "headphone-like" cable into without opening the case. A computer or audio store would have what you need. You can also get it at many of the big discount stores and like so many other things, they've got 'em at Radio Shack.

Old 04-02-03, 08:06 PM
tae
usually, somewhere on the back of the computer tower, there will be 3 holes(plugs) either side by side or down in a row, usually labeled something like: line in, mic, line out.They may even be color coded. It will NOT be by a phone plug looking connector plug(thats the modem). you will want a 3.55mm stereo plug(male on both ends) cable, which will go into the line out hole(plug) and the other end will go into a simular hole(plug) either on the monitor or on one of the speakers.

Old 04-02-03, 08:32 PM
BGC
Visiting Guest
Thank you Tae. Your simple explanation was just what I was hoping for.

Old 04-03-03, 08:57 PM
tae
Your welcome. Hope you get it working!!