Interal Error Problem

Old 04-14-03, 05:56 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
Interal Error Problem

I have a 3570c Hp scanner when I try to install it an interal error comes up. It said Interal Error 2343. Now this scanner has been installed on my computer before. It worked fine. I have a HP computer with XP Home for OS. 40 gig harddrive.256 meg. I may have done something wrong in the Registry. I was looking on HP help list and it said I can remove the scanner. I had made a back up of the Registry. Now it comes up with this Interal Error message every time I try to install it.

Robin

Old 04-14-03, 06:25 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The only thing i could find on this error had to do with microsoft office and a bad install/uninstall of lotus notes. It DOES have to do with registry settings, and they do have a download to fix this. Even if you dont have office or lotus, it still may be something you did in the registry, so you might want to try their fix, but do so at your own risk.Remember, backups are our friend.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;234435

Old 04-14-03, 06:31 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
I dont have microsoft office. I had reinstall xp and I was hoping that would fix it but it didnt.

Robin

Old 04-14-03, 06:34 PM
MsChip
Visiting Guest
From what I can tell XP doesn't offer drivers for your model scanner as per this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/...=EN-US&gssnb=1

So that means you'll have to see if HP has the latest drivers on their web site that are used with XP.

A listing at HP Support on scanners that are supported and not supported under XP:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...et374771&cc=us

If you had this device working under XP before then possibly your current drivers got toasted, so redownloading them and then reinstall drivers should solve the problem. If not then a call to HP's support may be your last option.

Good luck!

Old 04-14-03, 06:45 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
HP dosen't have drivers on their site for 3570c scanner. You have to buy a new cd driver for that scanner from them. Ive purchased the cd months. Now when I try to install it with the cd thats when the interal error comes up.I am wondering if the cd got ruin some how.

Robin

Old 04-14-03, 07:00 PM
MsChip
Visiting Guest
If the CD is badly scratched then depending how much a new CD costs, you may do better if you try to repair the CD with something like the "Disk Dr" (by Digital Innovations. Got mine at Buy.com a while ago for something like $20.00).

Old 04-14-03, 07:05 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
The driver cd for the 3570c scanner is only 9.95 plus shipping. But what I cant understand as to why HP has you to buy a cd driver for this scanner and for the other scanners you can down load off the internet. The scanner its self was 150.00 but you can scan from the negatives and 35 mm slides. It really is a nice scanner.

Robin

Old 04-14-03, 07:25 PM
MsChip
Visiting Guest
I kind of wondered that too about not being able to d/l HP's drivers from their web site. Maybe you should add this to my "computer parts ripoff" post. *LOL* Obviously HP's getting a bit cheapolah with their download bandwidth issues.

Can you use someone else's computer to see if you can read your current CD, then make a copy of the missing scanner driver? You might try that first, before wasting another $9.95 for what could possibly be just a bad scanner driver that may not even work.

Old 04-14-03, 07:32 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
That sounds good to me. I can use my neigbors computer. I will try that first. Then go from there.I miss having my scanner. I am with you about HP "computer parts ripoff" They charge a arm and leg for their products then you still have to buy something else to help that scanner. I think I am in the wrong business.

Robin

Old 04-14-03, 09:07 PM
tae
ok, i just looked at the hp site and now have some questions.
When you messed with the registry, was this before or after you started getting the error? when you backed up the registry, was this before you made changes? did you restore the registry? so, was the scanner just lying around, and you decided to hook it up and it gave you errors, and thats when you started messing with the registry?This is probably what you did, but try it again anyway.
From their site:
Step 2: Removing the HP Photo & Imaging installation values from the Windows registry

Windows 2000 and XP

Click Start, and then click Run. The Run window will open.
In the Open box, type REGEDIT and then click OK. The Registry Editor window will open.
Click the plus (+) next to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
Click the plus (+) next to Installer.
Click the plus (+) next to Products.
Click the first key(folder) under Products to highlight it

On the right side of the screen, locate the ProductName line

[size=3]If this is the product with the install/uninstall error, press the Del key on the keyboard to delete the highlighted key(folder) on the left side of the screen.
If this is not the product with the error, click the second key under Products (on the left of the screen) and check the Product Name. Continue until the key for the proper product has been identified and deleted.[/size]

If the error occurred during installation of the Hp Photo & Imaging software, continue with step 3. If the error occurred during the uninstall process, skip to step 4.

Step 3: Installing the HP Photo & Imaging software
Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
Insert the HP Photo & Imaging software installation CD into the CD-ROM drive.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation of the HP Photo & Imaging software.

Old 04-14-03, 09:58 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
Ok I did that and I think it got rid of the interal error. Reloaded cd now it said Unable to start the application the class files could not be loaded.. Catastroptic Failure. The Hp Director comes up but it only shows Veiw and Print and Help on it.

Robin

Old 04-14-03, 11:44 PM
tae
go to this page and follow all instructions carefully. Only do the ones for xp. Skip step 3 if you want.
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...pscanjet374771
good luck!!

Old 04-15-03, 10:22 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
BTW, if you go to www.driverguide.com you can probably get the drivers for this and any other hardware you need. I've never heard of anyone charging for drivers, that's a new low for HP.

Old 04-15-03, 12:24 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
If you go to HP Support and Drivers and log in Scanjet3570c, this whats come up

Microsoft Windows XP

description
CD - HP ScanJet 3500c/3570c Photo and Imaging software/driver
date 2002-09-18
rev Win:v1.0; Mac:v5.1.1
size N/A

Then you click on description and this comes up

cd - hp scanjet 3500c/3570c photo and imaging software/driver

online ordering

Please select the destination country where the product is to be shipped. This information is needed in order to calculate the shipping charges.

United States Canada
Australia New Zealand

cd - hp scanjet 3500c/3570c photo and imaging software/driver

shipping and pricing - United States
Enter the number of CDs to order: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a shipping method:
US Mail (5-7 business days)FedEx 2-3 business daysFedEx 1-2 business days more info
CAUTION! No Fed Ex shipments can be made to Post Office Boxes.
Delays will occur in your order if a Post Office Box is incorrectly listed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter the shipping 5-digit zip code:
zipcode:

this scanner maybe the only scanner you have to buy the cd for.
I looked everywhere on the internet for a driver for this scanner and could not find one. Went to the website and I couldnt find a driver for scanjet 3570c.

Robin

Old 04-15-03, 02:09 PM
tae
I believe your cd is good, you just need to completely remove all instances of it from the computer, then reinstall. Is the connection a usb? Make sure that the usb is working ok, and that in device manager, there is no referance to the scanner also. Do the registry editing(and other stuff) as linked to in my last post, and that should remove everything. You could aslo call the tech support and they could walk you through it, and as a last resort, you could always reformat the hard drive and reinstall the os, but you shouldnt have to do this, nor would i recommend it.

Old 04-15-03, 09:39 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
I think the cd is still good too. I have it installed but I think somewhere its not making a good connection. The USB plug is loose, the end that goes into the scanner not on the computer, It maybe that. The scanner doesnt even make a noise. Like it does when you start it up. My computer crashed about a month ago and I thought my problems would be solved with the scanner, but the moment I got the computer home I tryed to reinstall the scanner and nothing. I am going to take the scanner over to my neigbors tomorrow afternoon and see if it will work on her computer. She has Miellium OS. If it dosent work on her computer than I think its the scanner usb plug or the elecrtical plug

Robin

Old 04-16-03, 09:18 PM
butt-butt
Visiting Guest
I took the scanner to my neigbors today and the same thing happened on her computer as it has on mine. So I think now its the USB plug or power cord. I would like to say thank you for all your help in trying to get my scanner going again,

Robin

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: