not aproved for xp

Old 05-17-03, 08:41 AM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
not aproved for xp

i have a hp computer and run windows xp. everytime i install a new program or even update my computer a pop up comes on that says this is not a microsoft licenced aproved software and then it asked me to click ok to continue. it does this even on a microsoft xp update.
has any else had this problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-03, 09:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hmmm

can you tell us how you came about this program?

be honest and i should be able to help

can u tell me the first 4 parts of the Key?

ryan

Old 05-17-03, 09:14 AM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
its not one program its anything.a new game,a windows update,a new software download.everything works ok after i press ok continue except maybe the windows updates, and that is what i am most concerned about. after my update is downloaded of the net and i try to install it it will stop maybe five times and say "not microsoft aproved do you you want to continue?"

Old 05-17-03, 09:18 AM
When I do an winxp update, and when the download completes it installs automatically, your don't install by it's self?

Old 05-17-03, 09:20 AM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
after mine downloads it asks me if i want to install it and when i click ok and it starts to install it stops and says not aproved by microsoft do you want to continue.

Old 05-17-03, 09:23 AM
Will you got me, not sure what to think I'll look on my system for any clues to how this could happen.

Old 05-17-03, 09:26 AM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
i called hp tech support and asked them and they say its a problem in the operating system and i should reboot operating system, but i hate to do that because of music and pictures and stuff. i have the feeling it is a security setting somewhere but i cant find it.

Old 05-17-03, 09:31 AM
I called them once, they had me low level format my drive once, pissed me off, look at the update see if you have it already and installed, not sure this will solve the problem, but worth looking at.

XP Update

Old 05-18-03, 07:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What version of XP are you running? My guess would be Pro and you have the XP Certificate Signing restrictions set too high (or something similar.) You definitely did the right thing by not reformatting and reinstalling - that's just a cop-out for tech support. Definitely try looking through MS Knowledgebase, I'll bet you can find an answer to your question there (if I have time, I'll try to do that myself this week sometime.)

In the mean time, just keep saying Yes.

Old 05-19-03, 03:29 PM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
i was at the microsoft web site and found some things called a service pak 1 which looks like it may fix my problem. but i cant install the this untill my computer is completly updated by microsoft and over the weekend the web site says"web site info temperaraly unavalable",so i couldnt update.
also no i am running xp home version.

Old 05-19-03, 03:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Try this:

1) Right-click My Computer and click Properties
2) Click the Hardware tab
3) Click the Driver Signing button under Device Manager heading
4) Tell me what's selected there (Ignore/Warn/Block) and change it to Warn - please be sure to note which is selected so that others may benefit if this works
5) Click OK twice and try installing again

This is for hardware drivers, but it may work on other software too.

Let us know how it goes.