Acrobat and explorer

Old 05-29-03, 08:52 PM
andret
Visiting Guest
Acrobat and explorer

Windows 2000, Internet Explorer 6

I have problems with viewing pdf files on the web. The files open fine. I can view, print, etc. If I close the internet explorer window with the pdf file open, I get an error message and internet explorer crashes and crash all other windows open. I had the full version of Acrobat 5.0 (not the reader). I figured that I would deal with it until the new 6.0 is released. When I got the new 6.0 pro, I uninstalled 5.0 completely and did a fresh install of 6.0 Same problem. The kicker is, if the window with the pdf is open and I continue to a html page, the software won't crash. I had the same problem on a second computer. Got so frustrated that i remove the acrobat and installed just the reader. It solved the problem, but now I can't distill on this computer. I have searched microsofts unknowledge bases and adobe's site and can't find the problem/solution. I any ideas?
Thanks

Old 05-30-03, 09:18 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like to me that you've been focusing your efforts in the wrong area. I think it's an IE problem, not an Acrobat problem. Have you tried a repair on IE? Have you updated your IE? Have you updated your OS by running Windows Update?

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: