Monitor Choices

Old 05-31-03, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Monitor Choices

I have decided to finish my engineering degree. I will be doing a lot of CAD/CAE for school and other projects. I have decided that I will need a 21in CRT monitor for the long hours at the computer. Dose any one have a large Sony or View Sonic monitor, and if so what do you think about it pro AND con?It would also be use full if you could share any reviews you have read on either of these monitors .

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-03, 07:52 AM
I use a 21" NEC MultiSync. I would never go back in size. Kids have 15" - 17" of differing brands and there is a tremendous difference in quality of detail.
I see your point exactly for your application.
I have not viewed the specific monitors you listed, but I do have that size. This is one time that size does matter.

Good luck with your education.

Old 05-31-03, 05:37 PM
MichaelJP
Visiting Guest
I own neither but ViewSonic is considered on of the best monitor makers out there.
Go for the smallest dot-pitch (the space between consecutive colored pixels). The smaller the pitch the crisper the picture.
High end models will have tons of options that will be great for such work.

You may want to look into getting an flat screen (LCD) monitor.
They aren't very good for video gaming but I imagine they would be very good at CAD type work.

My opinions, others with actual models may give better information.

Michael

Old 05-31-03, 11:50 PM
I have a 18in LCD Sony now as well as 19in Sony CRT and some other smaller monitors, the resolutions on LCD’s are not high enough. I just hate to go with a monitor brand I have never owned, but I might bite the bullet on this one.

Old 06-02-03, 01:33 AM
I have a ViewSonic on the way.

Old 06-04-03, 02:24 AM
Viewsonic G220fb 21" Black PerfectFlat
2048x1536 Max

I got it for 445$

Old 06-05-03, 01:03 PM
Marturo: I love it, i had to mess with the controls alittle because it was brighter than I like but other than that I am very impressed.

Old 06-06-03, 12:33 PM
K
If you go with the cheapest in any size range, I'd seriously consider Samsung. Real bang for the buck (in my opinion of course.) I find them very crisp, unlike cheaper Viewsonics.

On the other hand, if you go with the really good stuff, then I'd look at Sony and Viewsonic as serious contenders. Samsung would probably be excellent as well, but I've never bought anything expensive by them :-).

Forget LCD, unless you can afford to triple your price. 1600x1200 is still going for a very high premium out there, and you can do much better on a CRT (1800+).