compaq preserio

Old 06-01-03, 08:30 PM
O
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compaq preserio

hi guys my son has a compaq preserio 98 windows mv540.sorry all the info he gave me.he just wants to ask a simple ? to all you whiz kids out there. when he bought his p.c. he got no windows 98 me disc with it.now he's having probs and wants to know is it possible to download the whole workson sites such as kazaa?? he wants to download windows xp but i'm not sure that would work?? anyone know for sure or will he have to stay with me edition??? and can he still download all he needs?? any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 06-01-03, 09:06 PM
tae
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...first of all, downloading an os from kazaa would be illegal, but should he try it he might get something that will mess up the computer more, or he might get lucky. I am confused, does he have win 98 or win me? Win 98 can be purchased at a computer store pretty cheap nowadays, and I don't know why he would want win me. I really like win2k. There is a chance that the os cab files are on the computer already. If he is having problems, why not have him post them here and we will help get rid of them!!
Other than that, i have to say please purchase the operating system. You will know it's good, and will feel better.

Old 06-02-03, 12:27 AM
magister
Visiting Guest
Reiteration

All software is conveyed with a license; Some license their products as freeware, some as trialware, some as shareware, etc.; Microsoft products must be fully licensed and a quick check indicates that the operating systems are not legally downloadable from any source...

As Tae suggested, check with your local computer store because the older Windows are not that expensive, or you might want to check eBay to obtain a legal copy of the software.

Peace Out;
R

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: