recover a deleted file

Old 06-03-03, 05:48 AM
kjh
Visiting Guest
Question recover a deleted file

On May 30 or 31st I deleted a bunch of stuff that I no longer needed to see if my computer wound run any faster. I use Microsoft Money for bills/checkbook keeping and I deleted the files/backups that it creates everytime you open it. I run Windows98 and have a cable modem and know very little about recovering/installing/deleting files. I have a co-worker who usually helps out and keeps my computer in top shape but he isn't available this week. The last time I actually backed up to a floppy was in Feb 2003 and I have written 200 checks since then that I really don't want to enter manually. I tried a GoBack program but all it either didn't work and I didn't know how to operate it. I would like some advice in simple terms on how to get those files back as it is "bill paying week". Thanks, kjh

Old 06-03-03, 06:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 160 Likes on 124 Posts
Well, if you haven't emptied your recycle bin, they're in there and can be easily restored. If not go here:

http://download.com.com/3150-2248-0.html?tag=dir

For downloadable utilities programs for doing the job.

Old 06-03-03, 07:03 AM
kjh
Visiting Guest
Yes I have already emptied the recycle bin. I went to the the site and tried to download but was intructed not to put the program on the same drive where the lost files were. I then tried to save to a disk but need a higher capacity disk than I have on hand. If there isn't any other way to do it, I will get a larger disk this coming weekend and try it then.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: