PC Crashed this past weekend

Old 06-03-03, 08:39 PM
steve617
Visiting Guest
PC Crashed this past weekend

My Pc crashed this weekend and after about 20 hours working on it I finally got it fixed. WELL ALMOST ??? It is an older HP 4450 533 mhz processor, 256 mb ram, windows 98.

I started getting an explorer error and no longer could get on the internet. I have a USB cable modem. I decided to use my recovery disk to see if it would be OK. Seems like it was messing up with explorer because I was getting an error from explorer and my Modem quiet connecting. After using my recovery disk I still was getting an error. To make a very long story short I finally got everything loaded. I unpluged my USB modem from the hub and it loaded. I pluged it back up when I got my PC to load. I reloaded MS Explorer 6.

When my Pc loads with my Modem hooked up to my USB hub it locks up. With it unpluged it loads fine. Also now when it loads I get an EM 366 or perhaps it was an EM 386 and it say to press key to continue. It goes thru a fast virus scan and then it loads. While it is loading I can watch my Hub actvate. Any suggestions.

Steve

Old 06-03-03, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Cable Modem

This is a site that helped me get my Cable Modem working right, once before. Covers all cable modem types.

http://www.cable-modems.org/

Good luck, hope the link helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: