harddrive

Old 06-11-03, 03:09 AM
thefamily
Visiting Guest
Question harddrive

how do i check my hard drive to see what has been all tracking and recorded . so i can see wher and what all my kids have beet to or chated with. also how do i deleet all yhat from my hard drive ?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-03, 03:38 AM
maadi_griffin
Visiting Guest
"cookies" are what's stored from web sites visited. you can delete them, but some sites require them to "log" into. not a big deal if you delete them tho. i do it periodically. you can delete them thru internet explorer or windows explorer. what operating system do you use?

Old 06-11-03, 04:03 AM
magister
Visiting Guest
You aren't going to be able to find out with whom they have been chatting in reverse, but if you install some spyware of your own, you may be able to find out in the future; As for what sites they have visited, unless they have deleted to hide their tracks and then it would get a little more involved; You can find recent information by hitting the "History" button on your browser"s toolbar.

You would delete the history in Internet Explorer by choosing "Tools" from the menubar, clicking "Internet Options" and pushing the button that says "Delete Files" located in the section about "Temporary Internet Files".

But if you worrying about your kids, you may want to employ some filtering or blocking software and you can find a pretty good list from the <A HREF="http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Shopping_and_Services/Communication_and_Information_Management/Internet_and_World_Wide_Web/Software/Blocking_and_Filtering/Titles/">Yahoo! Directory</A>. Though, I will go ahead and tell you, all three listed in bold under "Most Popular" are generally considered the best, but you probably should at least glance at the whole list.

Hope this Helps;
R

Old 06-11-03, 07:35 PM
MichaelJP
Visiting Guest
Actually a cleared history would be suspicious so if the kids know anything about computers they then would know you can hit the history button right click on any item they want to get rid of and click delete.

I suggest asking the kids what they do on the computer.
I would also suggest that supervision would be a good idea if you feel you cant trust them or think maybe they are getting into things they shouldn't.

If nothing else you can get some logging software by a search through google that can record anything on the system.

Michael