windows xp home edition

Old 06-16-03, 09:27 PM
jmyk
Visiting Guest
windows xp home edition

I had windows xp home edition installed about 1 year ago. Now everytime I boot my computer up I receive a message on the screen.
The message reads: 'Devices or applications disabled. CD recording software will cause windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from loading.'
Does this message mean that I can't install Cd recording software into my computer system? Will my computer crash if I try to install CD recording software?
What do I do to eliminate this message from appearing on the screen everytime I boot up?
Thanks,
jmyk

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-03, 10:34 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q315345

Should help solve your problem.

Old 06-17-03, 12:33 AM
magister
Visiting Guest
Since, Tae has most likely saved us the legwork of actually finding the cause of the error, I am blessed with the luxury of being able to possibly take it one step further; Thanks Tae!

I can't tell from your post, whether or not you knowingly had/have Roxio's "Easy CD Creator" installed, or whether or not you possess a CDR drive for that matter. And though, Tae has given you instructions as to fixing the error by completely uninstalling any trace of Roxio software. But, if you already own a copy of "Easy CD Creator" and if it cost you money; You may also want to take a look at the two version-specific <A HREF="http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv5.jhtml">updates</A> (one at the top of the page & one at the bottom) archived on the Roxio website, because depending on whether or not you own a copy of 5.*; They appear from the outside as another possible way to come at the issue...

Otherwise, responding to the middle part of your query; If a piece of software or hardware is compatable with your system, the sky is the limit. In this instance, Windows "knew" or "sensed" there may be a problem and disabled the incompatable software, but once you have the problem addressed; You are free to install anything...

Good Luck;
R