AT&T email

Old 06-17-03, 08:52 PM
jmyk
Visiting Guest
AT&T email

I am an AT&T internet subscriber. I would appreciate it if anyone out there would have any information about AT&T email.
I am trying to figure out how in the world I would go about changing fonts size and color when composing emails? Apparently AT&T doesn't seem to provide fonts.

Thank You,
jmyk

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-03, 10:14 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
Which email program are you using? AT&T Worldnet doesn't have a native program other than a webmail interface (Message Center) and if that's the one you are using, most likely you cannot change fonts because they would've had to pay quite a bit extra for that capability.

On the other hand, you can easily employ regular email programs on their system and this would be the preferred option. You should already have "Outlook Express" on your computer, plus if you have a Netscape browser, you already possess their client ("Messenger") and both have the ability to change fonts, plus a lot of other features.

It should not take you more than a few minutes to setup, either or both of the programs you already own; You could look around in their helpfiles for a mailserver address, or you could give their tech support a call and they would happily give you the info and possibly, walk you through the setup.

If you've never run "Outlook Express" before, a wizard will popup and give you some fill-in-the-blank questions and if you have the mailserver address, you should be all set; And though, I don't know offhand whether or not "Messenger" has a similar wizard, it is almost as easily setup, nonetheless.

Good Luck;
R

Old 06-18-03, 09:39 AM
magister
Visiting Guest
As is my usual MO, I'm going back and re-reading my last several posts and upon review, I noticed that I said "Outlook Express" may already be on your computer as may be the Netscape client; But, I did not make any suggestions in case you didn't download Netscape and if you uninstalled OE;

"Outlook Express" used to be available as a separate download, but I haven't found it and unless someone pipes-in to help us locate it; Your only option would be to get it as part of an update of your "Internet Explorer". Of course, if it's been a while or if you've never updated your "Internet Explorer", you should go through the process anyway. Choose "Tools/Windows Update" from your IE menubar and you should also check for any updates to your operating system, while you are there. Of course, the <A HREF="http://www.netscape.com">Netscape Suite</A> is also a free download and if you have Microsoft Office, most likely you have a full version of MS Outlook available on the CD.

Good Luck;
R