CD-Rom Not Found

Old 06-21-03, 06:48 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
CD-Rom Not Found

I have a toshiba portege model#3110ct. I'm tyring to load win98 o/s to it. Hard drive is formatted and partioned. I'm getting a"Device Driver Not Found:OEMCD001, No Valid CDROM Device Drivers Selected." According to the manufacturer of the CD-ROM (Port), windows drivers (if running win95/98) are all you need to run this unit. FDD works fine. Any ideas guy's.

Fred

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-03, 08:28 AM
heliotrope
Visiting Guest
Fred:

Are you able to boot up at all? Go into BIOS (I believe it's restart, press F2 key - I'm guesstimating the sequence, as I'm running WinXP and not sure what yours is) and check to see what your information lists.

It should look something like this:

diskette drive A: 3.5 inch 1.44 MB

Drive C: This is what you're lookin for; yours should have auto listed here. If it says none, change it and try again.

Post back if that didn't help.

Rose

Old 06-21-03, 05:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
"Device Driver Not Found:OEMCD001, No Valid CDROM Device Drivers Selected."

This is the message you get from MSCDEX when it can't find the Device name listed in Autoexec.bat at startup. Config.sys loads the driver for the CD-ROM and names the device (in your case, "OEMCD001"). However, if Config.sys cannot find the CD-ROM, then you will get this error when Autoexec tries to run MSCDEX and the drivers have not yet been loaded.

You need to check your BIOS settings to see what's being detected for the drives. You should have 4 drive "channels" - Primary (Master and Slave) and Secondary (Master and Slave) - depending on your CD-ROM's jumper setting, you need to make sure that "channel" is enabled in BIOS. If you don't know which is which, try an auto-detect or set all of the channels to AUTO.

The actual drive letters are assigned by the BIOS - so you're not going to see any drive letters in setup (they actually have nothing to do with setup, other than which is assigned to which, but don't worry about that.)

Good luck!

Old 06-21-03, 09:45 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
This unit is a note book computer with the FDD, CD-ROM separate from the unit. The external CD-ROM connects to the computer via a pc card. The bios on this unit are not like your typical AWARDS bios. The screen says "ACPI BIOS version = 7.30". In the boot priority box you have only three choices, I have it set at: FDD,HDD,LAN. Theres no CD-ROM choice in there.

Fred

Old 06-21-03, 10:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You may need special drivers to load from the startup floppy disk. Check with the manufacturer's site. If it's a USB device, it simply may not work from a startup disk.

Good luck!

Old 06-21-03, 10:29 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
I went to the website for port products. They only offer drivers for NT, not win95/98. Is there another type of disk that will work?

Fred