msn explorer and internet explorer

Old 06-27-03, 06:22 PM
Stanb
Visiting Guest
Angry msn explorer and internet explorer

Plz help. I have MSN internet service and hotmail thru msn explorer. Recently, my msn explorer service began giving intermitent problems and now I can't connect to the internet at all (using msn explorer). I get error 602 (modem is malfunctioning). I can connect thru internet explorer but can't access my email account. When I call MSN tech support I get a recorded msg to call back later. I've tried connection setting in the MSN explorer screen with no results. I'm using msn explorer 6.0. If anyone can help, would appreciate it. Remember, I can't get email at this time. Thanks Stan

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-03, 08:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ok, so let's see if I have this straight - when you try to use MSN Explorer to connect to the internet (this means dialing-up the internet - not just browsing), you get the 602 error? When you use Internet Explorer to connect, you can connect ok?

This sounds like to me you're connected to the internet fine (IE works online, but MSN is having problems), so I think you either need to adjust your connection settings in MSN or completely uninstall and reinstall it (btw, this is all Tech Sup is going to tell you to do anyway.)

FYI, I've only used MSN Explorer briefly, it was way too AOL for me, so I uninstalled it.

What doesn't make since to me is the 602 error - does MSN actually dial-up?