Motorola Surfboard 5100

Old 07-14-03, 08:52 PM
controlpeddler
Visiting Guest
Motorola Surfboard 5100

On to problem number 2.

Bought a 5100 Motorola Cable modem and I can't send e-mail with attachments. Have Cox Cable Internet and their tech people can't seem to figure it out. I sometimes get an error 19 when I try to send an e-mail with an attachment. I have verified that I have the account set up properly and am using the correct outgoing address. Any one have a suggestion. Could it be that they do not have something set up correctly on their end? or is it my modem?

Old 07-14-03, 09:21 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is error 19? Are you using Windows and Outlook Express? What versions? How large an attachment?

Old 07-14-03, 11:51 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
Gidget loves Moondoggie

Chris is right; It would be a little more helpful, if we knew which device was giving you the error; But as of right now, I have to assume that it's the modem that's giving you the error and though I'm sure someone may eventually come along who has a Surfboard and who may know the answer; But, you might get a faster response, if you package your question into an email and send it to the address listed on Motorola End-User Support.

Otherwise and of course, especially if I am wrong about who is giving you the error; Does it happen with all attachments or only attachments larger than a specific size? Send a couple of attachments to yourself and see what's what and please post back with either the answer you get from Motorola, so we all may benefit or the answer to Chris and my questions, so we may be of more service...

Good Luck;
R

Old 07-15-03, 04:58 AM
controlpeddler
Visiting Guest
I am using Outlook Express 6. Have also tried it with Netscape. and I get the same thing. It happens when I send any attachment. I will contact Motorola and see what is up.

the error reads like this- I occassionally will get an other error but cant remember what it is.

this is the errror # I get when it times out

ox800CCC19

Old 07-15-03, 06:32 AM
C
Ahhh a timeout error?

Take a look at this and see if it describes your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813518

Hope this helps.

Old 07-15-03, 07:03 AM
T
I really doubt the modem will do anything to cause your error. The modem won't monitor anything, it will simply translate information back and forth. But, you can always try a different modem...

Old 07-15-03, 03:37 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm with Trinitro - the modem is not the problem - it's more than likely your TTL settings in Windows. Try a modem tweaker program (can't think of any names off the top of my head - but look over at Download.com for some.)

Make sure you choose either LAN or Cable as your modem and the program should do the rest.

Good luck!

Old 07-21-03, 06:09 PM
controlpeddler
Visiting Guest
What are my TTL settings? I down loaded a tweaker program (CableNut) and I still get nothing. Does any one have any more suggestions-

I am not running any anti virus software as I just formatted the HD and am starting fresh.

Old 07-21-03, 07:20 PM
C
Was the microsoft site any help?

Old 07-21-03, 07:33 PM
controlpeddler
Visiting Guest
I went to the site and it basically said that that error was due to a anti-virus software that was scanning e-mail and that I should turn it off. I am not running any anti-virus. I do know that this could be a problem since my provider had asked the same question, but since I don't have one installed on the machine I think it is probably something else. I have sent an e-mail to Motorola asking them if they have ever encountered this problem and what I might do to fix it. Thanks for your and everyone's help!!!

Old 07-28-03, 10:58 AM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This might also occur if your email attachments are too large. I know that comcast limits you to 1 MB attachments. I don't know anything about your cable internet provider.

I would personally guess that it has nothing to do with the cable modem. It probably has to do with your internet providers settings, or the settings on your computer.

I know that many times people with broadband connections dont realize just how very large the files are that they are sending.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: