screen capture

Old 09-10-03, 10:49 AM
raptyrred
Visiting Guest
screen capture

Hi,
This is not a question, but rather since I just found out about this I want to tell you.
I guess there are several people here who are running Windows and have pressed the Print Screen key like mad and nothing happened. Well, at long last I found out how it works.
When you have something on the screen you want to print, just press ALT + Print Screen, then open Word (or a similar program) and press CRT + V and the screen you wanted to print will show up on the wordprocessing program, then you just print it.
Try it will just you desktop, press ALT + Print Screen, then open something like word and press CRT + V.
Now you can save and print without having to get a screen capture utility.

Well, at least I thought it was neat, for years I have wondered about that useless Print Screen key.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-03, 11:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You shouldn't have to press ALT + Print Screen, you should be able to just press Print Screen, then CTRL + V to Paste to your program.

The Print Screen button used to be used for exactly that (back in the DOS days) - pressing it would actually print the screen to the printer, now it's just a COPY for the screen.

Old 09-10-03, 03:41 PM
You can use ctrl-V, or you can simply paste.
By using the paste icon, or right click and paste.

PrintScreen simply puts the captured screen on your clipboard.

fred

Old 09-10-03, 06:10 PM
There is a program called The GIMP that will take a screen shot directly into itself for image manipulation or whatever else you may have in mind.

http://www.gimp.org/win32/

Installer for the program.

http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/

Hope this helps.